ContingencyCase.com is proud to show off its new logo and new seal program for its website that features a place for contingency lawyers to advertise their legal services that may allow them to take all or part of your case on a contingency fee basis. ”After searching for the ideal graphics designer, we decided to go with Mr. Chris Prescott of TheLogoRocket.com” said a ContingencyCase.som spkoesperson. We told Chris what we wanted which was to create a LEGAL COMMUNITY and a place for lawyers to come list their services. TheLogoRocket delivered with a final product that we are very product of. Here is a sampling of the artwork done.
This is our ContingencyCase.com lawyer seal program. Lawyers who join ContingencyCase.com, a legal community, can elect to paste this seal onto their websites and blogs letting their clients know about their legal offerings that may involve taking all or part of the case on a Contingency Fee basis.
Here is our final header for the home page located at http://www.ContingencyCase.com. Thanks again Chris!
This is a great case. Was the case taken on Contingency fee basis by Woody Allens lawyers? Who knows. But the Clothing company that used Woody Allens image and likeness on a billboard ad without his permission is paying the price.
Is this a fair legal judgement? Well, why don’t you click on this link and take a look for yourself (here is the ad the American Apparal company ran):
Yeah, I guess if it were any of us we might not be too happy that a company would try to sell their products using our image and likeness. The defendant argues this was just a parody and protected first amendment free speech (not so so FREE speech if you asked me).
It’s amazing to think sometimes that a simple 6 page complaint can lead to five million dollars in a settlement, but that’s an example of what can happen when you mess with the big dogs! Here is a link to the complaint filed by Plaintiff:
If someone is messing with you, and you need a privacy, first amendment, libel, defamation, trademark or civil rights lawyer, (maybe even one who may consider taking your case on a contingency fee basis) check out www.ContingencyCase.com.
“OKAY BIG GUY, THE COST OF BACON JUST WENT UP” SAYS ANGRY PIG.
So you live next to a stinky 4,300 acre hog farm where approximately 200,000 hogs are slaughtered annually. Life could be worse. Not much you can do as a nearby homeowner right? Especially when you are faced with big business telling you they have done nothing wrong and to basically get used to it. Well, a group of homeowners in the State of Missouri said “hog wash” and decided to fight the power.
They hired a civil litigation law firm that agreed with the homeowners and decided to take the case and file a civil nuisance action. Whether the case was taken on a contingency fee basis or not has not yet been determined.
The Jackson County jury also agreed and came back with a HUGE award of $11,000,000 (yeah, thats 11 million bucks) in the ODOR NUISANCE CASE against the Defendant Premium Standard Farms, a subsidiary of Smithfield Foods. The case was handled by the Speer firm and attorney Charlie Speer (click here for more information: http://www.closeanimalfactories.org/about-us/bios/charlie-speer/ ).
If you feel you have a strong legal case, and want to see if you can find a lawyer or law firm that may consider taking your case on a contingency fee basis go to http://www.contingencycase.com and “explore your legal options.” There may be a lawyer in your state, city, or county willing to take your case on a contingency fee basis.
ContingenyCase.com (where you can go to find a contingency fee attorney on the internet who may be willing to consider taking your case on a contingency fee basis) has launched a new online attorney seal program. When attorneys sign up to use ContingencyCase.com they can put our new logo on their website to let potential clients know that their law firm is willing to consider taking cases on a contingency fee basis.
Here is a look at the new ContingencyCase.com attorney seal:
If you are an Attorney looking to advertise your Contingency Fee Services, and/or re-invent your legal practice, contact us at (888) 600-1777 to discuss getting listed on our ContingencyCase.com database and getting our Contigency Fee logo on your site. Also, don’t forget to ask us about our legal blogs for lawyers (click here to see our blog portfolio: www.CustomLawBlogs.com).
Wow, who said all is fair in love and war?
Here is a case of a intermingling party (into a marriage) being hit with a 9 million dollar jury verdict.
The case was based on a cause of action known as “alienation of affection.”
Apparently, only a hand-full of states allow this type of lawsuit to be brought (See this link to see a list of states which apparently allow this type of cause of action: http://marriage.about.com/od/legalities/a/alienation.htm). As you can see from this link, North Carolina is one of those states. Do not even think about fooling around in these states if you have alot of money to lose. : ). The Plaintiff also sued the mistress for intentional infliction of emotional distress.
It is not clear if this case was taken on a contingency fee basis or not, but it is an amazing verdict and shows all is NOT FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR, at least according to this North Carolina Jury.
If you are looking for a contingency fee attorney check out www.ContingencyCase.com and “explore your legal options.”
HERE ARE A FEW GOOD REASONS TO SEEK OUT THE SERVICES OF A CONTINGENCY FEE ATTORNEY BEFORE PAYING HOURLY LAWYER FEES. EXPLORE YOUR LEGAL OPTIONS.
- When a lawyer agrees to take your legal case on a contingency fee basis, they are essentially taking the risk that you have a good case (instead of you paying hourly legal fees hoping that you have a good legal case).
- You do not pay up front fees to a contingency fee attorney. Now, there may be some initial case filing fees and service of process fees, that you will be responsible for, but for the most part you will not have to come up with a large up-front advance retainer fee in order to retain the services of an attorney.
- Your contingency fee lawyer will be just as incentivized as you are to make as much as they possibly can on a case, which may promote harder work by the contingent fee law firm. For example, if your Contingency fee attorney is working on a 33% contingency fee basis, they will take a third of the final recovery, which means the more money the lawyer is able to settle the case for, the more money both the Attorney and Client will realize. To get a higher dollar settlement, the attorney may be motivated to work harder and come up with clever legal strategies that help win the case at trial or promote a larger settlement without the need for trial.
- The contingency fee case may tend to be settled quicker and work its way through the courts faster than a case where the attorney or law firm are working on an hourly basis? Why is that? A contingency lawyer is relying on a settlement to get paid, and may be motivated to work as hard as possible in the shortest amount of time to achieve the desired result. A lawyer working on an hourly fee basis is paid for each hour they spend on a case (and it is common knowledge that many big firms impose billable hour requirements on their attorneys), and this means that in some cases, the incentive is to “rack up the billable hours” rather than promote quick and efficient settlements. Of course all attorneys are bound by ethical rules to only bill time that is reasonably required or necessary to a case but at the same time attorney have built up their reputations for a reason.
- One of the other problems with billable hours is that most attorneys “round-up” their time when calculating their billable hours. What this means is if you make a 2 minute phone call to your hourly rate attorney, the attorney may round-up to the nearest 1/10th of an hour and bill you for 6 minutes of time. Check your retainer agreement as each law firm is different. This means, all those two minute phone calls and emails to your attorney can really add up, even though certain time is not actually spent working on your case. This may seem a little counter-intuitive, but this type of billing is permitted in most states. A contingency fee attorney on the other hand may not be keeping track of time spent on your case (unless they are seeking to recoup their attorney fees in your case) and therefore you do not have to watch every legal bill like a hawk to make sure the time “adds up” so to speak.
- With a non-contingency fee law firm or case handled on a billable hour assignment (rather than on a contingency fee basis) you will typically get a monthly invoice itemizing all the time spent on your case and the bill may result in “payment shock” as those $250-$350 per hour fees can add up pretty fast. When hiring a contingency fee lawyer, you may never see a monthly invoice, which means you do not have to go into a panic every time you see a letter in your mailbox from your lawyer.
- Most people think only personal injury lawyers take cases on a contingency fee basis. This is not true. There are many other legal categories where attorneys, law firms and lawyers may agree to take your legal matter on a contingency retainer basis. For example, you may be able to find the following types of lawyers willing to consider taking your legal case on a contingency fee basis:
- Contingency Fee Contract Lawyer
- Contingency Fee Real Estate Lawyer
- Contingency Fee Business Lawyer
- Contingency Fee Copyright and Trademark Attorneys (Intellectual property)
- Patent Lawyers who may take your case on a contingency fee basis
- Employment Discrimination lawyer to take case on contingency fee
- Contingency Fee Loan Modification Lawyer
- Eminent Domain lawyer to take condemnation case on contingency fee
- Arbitration Lawyers who are able to take case on contingency due to attorney fees clauses in your arbitration agreement
- Consumer Law cases that can be taken on a contingency fee basis
- Constitutional law cases that may be taken on a contingency fee basis
- Class action lawsuits on a contingency fee
- Sports Lawyers who take cases on contingency fee
- Entertainment lawyers who may consider taking your case on a contingency fee basis
- Litigation lawyers may work on contingency agreement
- Libel and Defamation Lawyers who may work on a contingency fee arrangement
The list goes on. The point is, in these tough economic times, (which may endure well last into the next decade), many lawyers who refused to take cases on a contingency fee basis may be re-thinking their practices and consider offering to take one or more types of legal cases on a contingency fee basis.
For more information about finding a contingency fee lawyer who may agree to take your case on a contingency fee basis, investigate www.ContingencyCase.com where you can “Explore your legal options.”
There was a huge settlement in a television writers age discrimination class action lawsuit (which named 51 defendants) including ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The WB, UPN,
Columbia TriStar Television, Inc., DW SKG TV L.L.C., Universal Media Studios, Regency Television, Spelling Television, The Carsey-Werner Company LLC, Touchstone Television, Twentieth Century Fox Television, and Warner Bros. Television) and the defendant talent agencies (APA, The Endeavor Agency, The Gersh Agency, Paradigm Talent & Literary Agency, Shapiro-Lichtman, UTA, and the William Morris Agency LLC.
The case had been litigated basically for about 10 years. In the end, chalk one up for the Plaintiffs! Insurance carriers are apparently going to foot most of the bill (2/3).
If you are suffering age discrimination, or employment discrimination and need to find a lawyer who may take your case on a contingnency fee basis, check out www.ContingencyCase.com.
The Cleveland Browns, who hired, and then fired General Manager George Kokinis for allegedly “just cause” agreed to a private and confidential settlement which sources indicate may be in the 2 million dollar range. It is not clear whether or not the attorney took this case on a contingency fee basis or not. Sometime what lawyers will do is offer a Client the option to pay hourly fees, or if the case is deemed winnable to the attorney, sometimes a contingency fee, or hybrid-contingency fee is offered to the Client.
Either way, in this employment dispute, the BROWNS shelled out the GREEN.
To find out if you have an employment related lawsuit that an attorney may agree to take on Contingency Fee basis check out www.ContingencyCase.com
This web blog will keep you up-to-date on Latest Internet Marketing Tools for Lawyers! For now, you can see our first product at http://www.ContingencyCase.com – this website will help you if you are looking for a lawyer or law firm to take your legal case on a contingency fee basis. There are over 100 legal categories to choose from.